Friday 25 February 2011

Clement Sauve comp doodle etc.

Haro,

This is a sketch I did for a mini comp over at cgfeedback. The contest is a tribute to a fantastically talented concept and comic artist named Clement Sauve who passed away at the age of 33 a few weeks ago. I only just discovered his work and I'm gutted that we'll never get to see all the incredible art he would have produced in the future. Try as I might this sketch didn't really turn out that close to his work stylistically, but I might plow on with it regardless and turn it into a Zbrush sculpt. To explain, I see all these migrant workers cutting grass on the side of the road as I walk to work (pretty much the only pedestrian in Irvine!). I think leaf blowers and strimmers look pretty neat so I thought it would be cool to do a stylized version of one of these guys and pose them up like an action hero (in the sculpt, not this sketch!) with all their hardware and accessories.




















And more weapons from a few years back, apologies for the turquoise glow - we've all been there:

4 comments:

aidan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aidan said...

yeah, i saw that guys work on polycount - cant believe i'd never seen it before.

And leaf blower action hero guy is great! (needs more cyan glows)

Matt said...

Bring back the glow! Great stuff!

Laraib Khan said...

Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. I’ll give you a link on your web blog. I recently came to know about http://machinesuae.com/, their Hardware And Accessories are very effective.
Hardware And Accessories Thanks for sharing.